An Update on...
As the holidays have officially come to an end, New Orleans finds itself warming up to a new season filled with cultural events ranging from Carnival festivities to a rich menu of art events. This year, the Contemporary Arts Center's SweetArts will celebrate individuals and organizations that embody the heart and soul of the New Orleans' cultural arts community. The Honorees' Receptions will be held on Saturday, February 12th from 7:30 to 9pm, at the home of Senator and Mrs. Joel T. Chaisson II (on Camp Street.) The SweetArts Bash will be held at the CAC at 900 Camp Street from 9 to midnight. Tickets for both events can be purchased by clicking here.
This years honorees are:
- John Barnes, visual artist and educator
- Ben Jaffe, Creative Director, Preservation Hall
- New Orleans Arts District, represented by Denise Berthiaume and Jean Bragg
- New Orleans Fringe Theater Festival, represented by Phil Cramer, Kristen Evans, Damon Rosenzweig and Emilie Whelan
- Aimeé Farnet Siegel, arts patron
- Derrick Tabb, Founder, Roots of Music