2011 is off to a great start here at the Community Center. We've certainly been busy, putting in a new garden, painting and decorating the waiting room, trying out some new programs like homework help and exercise classes, and getting ready for our 5th Anniversary Celebration. Here are some of the ways we've been helping local families during the past 3 months:
- The Mustard Seed Food Pantry has given out 75,599 lbs of food to 2,301 low-income individuals
- Over 220 senior citizens have received free food boxes through the Food for Seniors program every month.
- Office staff have passed out 3,093 flyers, brochures and pamphlets to help clients find the help they need. We've also made 1,057 referrals.
- 52 people have signed up for our free computer classes
- The Mustard Seed Clothing Bank has been accessed 3,700 times
- So far 1,213 free books have been given out in our reading area
- And our media lab (internet computers, public phones, fax & copying services) has been used 914 times
And this list wouldn't be complete without a big THANK YOU to all the volunteers and AmeriCorps team members who've put in an incredible 2,173 hours so far this year to make all this possible. With your help, 2011 is shaping up to be an exciting year, and we're looking forward to doing even more in the months ahead!